July 30, 2009

Side note that I've been thinking on but haven't posted

Obama has really been fucking up lately. Like serious stuff. Not the main media hype over the health care reform. His health plan was a step in the right direction but it was far from being anything close to what we need. Every member of congress who is currently on any committee that has any sway on what will be in the final bill has recently received shitloads of money from Pharmacutical companies so we are FUCKED. our Democrats (who are honestly a corpratist party now, not progressive. minus bernie sanders, senator whitehouse, and kucinich.

What I'm getting at is something weird is going on with obama and I'm fairly certain he must have had to make some dark deals with the real power players in washington to get the support of all those superdelegates and now he's paying the piper.

The stuff that I'm most angry about is the continuation of many Bush era policies about indefinate detention, going back on his word about closing guantanamo bay, and moving the afghan war into pakistan (which guess what, has a very important Oil pipeline running through it). He also has not come forward and ended the militaries Don't ask don't tell policy which keeps open gays out of service. I saw a figure that showed the military has spent 95 million dollars retraining new soldiers because of the ones they discharged due to this bill.

There's many more things I'm upset with and I've written several letters to the white house and to various senators about my concerns but it really doesnt matter. the only letters they care about are on Goldman Sachs letterhead. I'm extremely frustrated and I have some ideas brewing in my head about what I want to do in the nearish future. If it starts seeming feasible I may post a detailed explanation of what I want to do.

Well part of my motivation for writing all of this is to show that I'm not an apologist for the democratic party or president obama. My loyalty lies in progressive causes not corprate handouts and collusive backroom deals that fuck over the public. Though I hate what conservatism has become more than I hate lukewarm democrats. They have turned into a lunatic fringe incapable of simple thought, and genuine discussion. They are playing politics like it's gradeschool recess. so fuck them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can i say? The 'Vette gets 'em wet! HAHA